permanent, full-time · Heidelberg (Workspace: Tech/IT)
Become part of the Verivox Team!
For our headquarters in Heidelberg we are looking for you - fulltime (40h/week) at the earliest possible date:
(Senior) Software Quality Engineer
- Write and execute both functional and non-functional tests
- Test by the perspective of an end-user, testing in various conditions and settings for different devices
- Develop test strategies for automation both for backend and frontend
- Find creative solutions to analyse and test functional and non-functional requirements
- Working with the product team to strategizequality assurance within the sprints, develop a test plan and deliver high quality builds on time
- Review existing QA processes, suggesting and implementing improvements
- Align and collaborate with the rest of the quality team to improve the overall quality of our products, assess risks, promote consistency, identify common needs, build tools, etc.
- Measure quality and identify areas for improvement through the use of metrics.
- Contribute to our software projects, potentially pairing with other devs, to improve our test suite and other quality aspects of the platform
- Working with designers, POs and developers to improve the overall experience by suggesting improvements and changes
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure our producthas a high quality
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best
Your working hours are as flexible as you are. Regardless if it is an appointment at your dentist, your afternoon soccer group or your kids - we always find a solution.
You’ll soon notice: we like to be on a first-name basis. We don’t aspire to lofty heights but prefer to meet as equals. For us, flat hierarchies mean quick decision-making channels.
Start-up-feeling at a grown-up
Even though we grew up in the meantime, we have retained our start-up-feeling. At Verivox you have a lot of creative freedom and plenty of space for your ideas.
The best decision for your future
Our employees are our greatest asset – your well-being is important to us. Capital-forming benefits and accident insurance ensure you are taken care of.
The better you are, the better we are
We support and promote you by offering (leadership) trainings and development measures that are tailored to your specific needs.
Stay on the go
We subsidise your public transport season ticket, pay transportation allowance and offer discounts on rental cars so you stay mobile.
To your health
To help you stay fit and healthy, we offer fresh fruits and subsidised breakfasts and lunches, along with coffee and water. Corporate runs and football bring us together as a team.
A team that likes to party (and celebrate its own successes)
From summer fetes and Christmas parties to corporate runs – our range of team building activities helps us keep the Verivox family together.
- 3+ years of experience in the software quality assurance industry
- Degree in Computer Science or other relevant qualifications
- ISTQB certification is a plus
- Automation experience using open source test tools like Selenium, TestingLibrary, Puppeteer, JEST or similar frameworks
- Automation experience with REST APIs
- You are comfortable reading and writing code in at least one programming language, ideally TypeScript (our app is mostly written in React)
- You have experience in building, testing and monitoring both the frontend and the backend of an application (experience testing GraphQL/REST Web Services)
- Experience with Jenkins CI/CD or other CI/CD tools•Any experience with performance, GDPR, accessibility, interoperability and security testing is a plus
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- A proactive team player that analyses the risk and impact of issues and is working with the team to prioritise and resolve them
- Analytical mind, detail-oriented and problem-solvingcapabilities
- Team-player: willing to share knowledge and support team members
- Willingness to seek out and learn from new ideas and concepts in the field of software quality assurance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (German would be an advantage)
- Practice experience working with agile methodologies
Are you up to meet these exciting challenges?
If so, then we would love to talk to you. Tell us how you will contribute to our success story!
Please send your application (including your salary expectation and the earliest possible date of starting to work) via “Apply now” to email@example.com
Marlen Blaube (Senior HR Business Partner)
Max-Jarecki-Straße 21, 69115 Heidelberg